First off, my recent blog post, “Are Your Parents Scaring You Away From Travel?” was featured in November’s Sharing Travel Experiences monthly roundup. I hope you will take the time to check out Andy’s roundup and read the other included posts!
Here are a few other great travel blog posts I’ve enjoyed in the past week:
- Nomadic Matt writes a follow-up post to a post he write last year about why most Americans don’t travel overseas. He discusses the current state of things, and bemoans the fact that Americans still don’t travel overseas.
- The Planet D shows a series photos of some of the strangest things they came across during a cycling trek across the continent of Africa.
- Christmas and Hanukkah are almost here! Have Pack, Will Travel lists some of the best holiday gifts for budget travelers.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is when people judge others for how they choose to travel. So I was thrilled to read a post from Everything Everywhere in which Gary says why he doesn’t care how you travel.
- Velvet Escape displays a stunning photo essay of Patagonia, a massive area wilderness in South America.
- Nancy the Gnomette also features a gorgeous photo essay, this one of Cinque Terra, a series of five small villages on the coast of Italy.
- So you’ve heard the phrase, but what does it really mean? Solo Friendly explains exactly what solo travel is.